To ensure that your social media strategy works wonders for your business, you need to ensure that it generates engagements that are more positive. In short, you need to connect with your audience on an emotional level. You could accomplish this by:
- Speaking to your customer directly, especially on a one-to-one basis
- Create content that has your insights or content that has something valuable to offer your customers, to make them keep returning. This also includes giving your content catchy headlines and attractive visuals to grab the attention of your customers.
- Highlight the human side of your business online to give your business a face and a personality, by tapping the power of emotions or by drawing attention to any social or volunteer work your business is doing
- Converse with your customers by asking them to share their opinions, feedback, experiences etc.
- Respond to the feedback or suggestions when you get them – it’s a good way to show that someone (a human) is responding to your customers as well as to demonstrate how seriously you take your online presence
- Deal with any negative feedback objectively and promptly
- Scan your competitor’s websites to see what they’re offering their customers as well as to gain insights into what the competition (and their customers) has to say about your business
- Embed social media buttons and profile links in your website and comments respectively